Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finding the Beauty of Music Where You Are!

I recently went on vacation to Northern Saskatchewan and was mildly surprise at the amount of talent that was all around me. There were musician every where and I wasn't even looking. Most of us always think that Musicians reside only in the "Big Cities". I found out that was not true.

First, I went to a Tuesday night Jam where every one got a shot at singing, playing, or doing what ever. When I walked I was expected to see the typical set up. You know a sign up sheet and a bunch of musicians sitting around for the one time shot at fame. I was really wrong. And I mean, I was wrong! There were a bunch of seniors sitting at the tables and a bunch of seniors on stage. There was 2 Accordion players, 2 guitar players, Fiddle/Banjo player, Bass/Sax player and no one under 60. No way was I going up there!

So I took a sit and listened. What I heard was incredible. They were playing songs from every era you could think and from many genres too. But the most amazing thing was every one was up and dancing. They dance to almost every song. I started questioning my prejudices against their ability and whether I wanted to be up there. They called up a young lady who wanted to sing, so I used this as my chance to "Sneak" up on stage and join them.

The Bass player (Erma) a lady of 89, who told on me and the leader had me perform a couple of song. To my surprise the players where incredible. The guy next to me, Bob the fiddle player and Erma's Husband, was 91. After I play my first song the audience was incredible. Loud and warmer than any audience I have seen in a while. The Audience was there to hear MUSIC! It did not matter where it came from, when it was recorded, and who recorded it. They were there for one reason and one reason only - MUSIC! It was so refreshing. I know that these situations are rare but the point is that I found it in the most unlikely place. At a resort in North Saskatchewan, Canada. And the story Continues!

Two nights after I went to a Marina to see a local artist perform. That is right I said a MARINA, where you keep boats and get fishing licenses. Again, I was blown away. I even got a warm welcome from a couple of musicians that were at the Jam the night before. two of the most unlikely place to find music and I found it! The following night there were three people performing on the Lake by the break water with Amplifier and all. Talk about a hard gig. Who would have thought that I would walk out onto the break water and there in front of me is a raft, actually 2 canoes with a sheet of plywood connecting the two, would be there with 3 performers on the plywood performing.

I guess the point of this article is that where ever you find people, you will find Music! Look for music in the unconventional places. Coffee shops, Marinas, Resorts, On canoes on the Lake, almost any where! All you have to do it LOOK! So Find the Beauty of Music where you are.

Emo LeBlanc is a Country Music Artist who has performed all over the USA and Canada. Emo LeBlanc has been in business for 10+ years. Emo LeBlanc is based out of Nashville and lives elsewhere. Emo LeBlanc has performed all over the USA, Canada, Spain, and France. (731) 327-4EMO (4366)
http://www.emoleblanc.com/
emo@emoleblanc.com

Emo LeBlanc is a proud member of the following:

FNO, CMA, ACM, SOCAN, AMIA, and CCMA with Excellent Standings in All!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment